Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day #97



I was pulling into our driveway from dropping Doug off at work this morning when my young neighbour friend ran over to say hello. He's been my artist buddy for years. He was home because his parents have opted him out of the standardized tests, and today is the first day. He told me he hates the tests. I asked him if he wanted to bring home a big blank canvas to work on. He said "Sure!" He was very excited. He's been asking me for one of my large blank canvases for some time. It felt so good to watch him carry it home across our muddy yards. I ran over to see if he would let me take his picture. Again he said "Sure." I didn't need a picture. It is a moment I will remember for a long time. But I wanted to share it and add it to the final days of my #100HappyDays.

No comments:

Post a Comment